Monday, February 11, 2008

Weekend News

It was a good weekend. I accomplished what I set out to do with my current project, and I did a lot of the web work for my husband that he's been begging for. More on this later.

But the real highlight was the SARA (San Antonio Romance Authors) booksigning at B&N. For one thing, I brought Daughter #2 because one of our members is Tara West, and I knew my kid would love her book. I was right, Sonia devoured it, and can't wait for the sequel. She also got a kick out of meeting real authors who are "mom's friends". And to hold a book she bought in a store whose author she knew personally and about whom she knew a lot, too.

Well, I got to hang out with friends, and read their books (I shouldn't have, I meant to keep them as treats, but I couldn't resist). I love to hear their voices tell me their stories -- sometimes it's like sitting in a cozy living room listening to gossip (oh my, what gossip), and sometimes, it's a completely different persona taking over the storytelling.

Never a dull moment.

No comments: