Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Whose names do you care about?

Here's a good question:

The Perfect Storm for Publishing: Are Publishers A Brand? « Bob Mayer – Author Blog

And a darn good blog post.

I hadn't thought about it in quite this light, but I never go look for a book by a certain publisher. I do, however, check who the publisher of a certain author or book may be, but then I'm a writer, and I'm curious about the business.

How about readers? Is Bob Mayer right? Do you ever go looking for the latest from a publisher, or do you only look for the latest from an author? Let's just leave the genre/subject searches out for now. We're talking name recognition here.

And while we're at it, how about e-books? Have you tried them? Do you know any e-publishers? Do you trust them as brands you might follow or check out for some good reading?

I promise I'll be back with my own answers... and yes, I'm e-published and a little biased, but I have some unskewed opinions nevertheless.

So what kind of name recognition do you do?




Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: