Monday, July 19, 2010

A New Beginning


Well, it's been a while.

Oh my, oh my, it HAS been a while.

It's been a crazy year to say the least, and the least said, the better.

Meanwhile, this crazy family really did something crazy.

We got a puppy.

Yes, that's him there, the very afternoon when we got him. His name is Percy and he's an All-American Mutt. What I mean is that he's got traits and characteristics from several breeds, he seems to have taken the best of them all, he's a charmer, he's smart, his pregnant mom is a shelter rescue, and he fits right in our family.

Of course, we wanted a laid-back, couch-potato lap dog.

We got an active, smart, curious terrier-type.

Naturally. I should have known.

Now I plan on writing up his (mis)adventures on Mondays. Oh, and also how the neighbors' pitbull (no, don't worry, she's a nice dog) wishes she could play with the puppy next door. And how my Mom doesn't quite understand what to feed the dog and why he should get scraps from the table. And our walks in the South Texas heat, and how Percy is keeping me fit in spite of myself.

Ah yes. We're all Percy-crazy now. Can you tell?

No comments: